Pool Design Construction Co.
Routine Pool Maintenance
Following are the recommendations for Circulation, Water Chemistry and Proper Pool Maintenance:
Your pool comes complete with high efficiency equipment, brush, extension pole, leaf net, water testing kit, skimmer, 2 or more main drains and a minimum of 3 water returns. Cartridge Filter is Standard (or DE Filter with backwash drain, with cost dependent on distance to sewer). Pump sized to pool.
Optional Automatic Pool Cleaner and Chlorinators: Polaris 280 cleaner includes booster pump; in-line chlorinator or Salt-to-Chlorine generator.(Ask about our special pricing now available)
Fill lines can be installed, so a hose is not needed to add water to your pool. Overflow drains can be added, with cost depending on the distance needed for the underground drain. A hose bibb on the pump is included, which allows you to pump excess water from the pool.
CirculationThe Cartridge Filter For Ease of Maintenance
Chemicals work with the water circulation and filtration. Limited water circulation and poor filtration are the major causes of water problems, even when water chemistry is properly maintained.
The amount of time to run your pool pump is controversial, so start with continuous circulation when the pool is new and you have a chance to get used to water chemistry. Then, you should be able to set the timer to run for 6 to 8 hours daily.
Clean your filter after the startup period to make sure plaster dust & debris do not inhibit proper water flow. Then, it is to be cleaned on a regular basis to keep your water sparkling clear.
Cleaning the Cartridge Filter is simply:
1) Turning "off" the equipment.
2) Untighten the band holding the top half of the filter on and remove the top filter housing, using care to not get dirt into the housing or damage the band and seal.
3) Remove each cartridge and spray water into each pleat to clean away all dirt.
4) If cartridges need additional cleaning, there are special cleaning fluids for them to soak, but if cleaned on a regular basis, a garden hose spray should be sufficient - each 6 months they should soak in a cleaner to remove oils, etc., not easily washed off - backup cartridges may be used for replacements and to use while the original ones are soaking overnight.
5) Put the pleated filters back into the filter housing. Clean, lubricate and put the rubber gasket in place - secure the top of the housing by tightening the band.
6) Open the Air Relief Valve on top of filter(back of gauge)
7) Turn "on" the pump (turn off air relief valve when water comes out) and operate as normal.
Cleaning the DE filter requires:
1) Turning "off" the pump.
2) Move the multiport valve handle from "filter" to "backwash".
3) Turn "on" the pump and allow to backwash for 3 to 5 minutes or until sight glass is clean.
4) Turn "off" the pump.
5) Move the multiport from "filter" to "rinse".
6) Turn "on" the pump.
7) Rinse the DE for about 10 seconds.
8) Turn "off" the pump.
9) Move the multiport from "rinse" to "filter".
10) Turn "on" the pump.
11) Mix the amount of DE Powder with water and pour the mixture into the skimmer. The DE powder forms what is called a filter cake on the grids inside of the filter.
* Too much powder can make the filter cake too thick, in which case the filter would have to be opened and the dirty DE powder scraped off the grids, taking care not to tear the grid material.
* Too little powder can cause dirt and debris to get imbedded on the grids, which will ruin the grids and they would have to be replaced.
* A special cleaner should be used on the grids twice each year to remove oil, scale and other deposits. If the grids appear frayed or torn they will need to be replaced.
12) Replace water to bring it up to the middle of the waterline tile and skimmer - Approximately 800 gallons is used to backwash.
In order to achieve and maintain the sparkling water desired, you must test for and adjust pH, Alkakinity & Hardness levels of your pool water. You must also test for and adjust chlorine levels. Chlorine will sanitize, disinfect and oxidize your pool water. Due to the presence of ammonia, periodic shocking is also necessary.
From Pool Solutions website: "... your pool really should as easy to care for as the yard it replaces... Pools don't forgive. Ever. They don't demand much, but they absolutely will not forgive you if you don't do what they do demand. Taking care of a swimming pool is sort of like taking care of a really, really easy pet -- say, a gold fish. It's not hard, but you can't let it slide either."
"Good information, well applied, is the real difference between pools that run well, and pools that don't.
What's more, doing it right is much EASIER than doing it wrong!"
Houston Pool Design installs pumps that are the highest efficiency with timers or automatic controls on all pools. Our technicians at Integrity Pool Repair & Service can answer questions about chemistry or the best way to have a clean, safe, fun pool.
|Chlorine||1.0 ppm||2.0 ppm||3.0 ppm|
|Cyanuric Acid||20 ppm||30-80 ppm||100 ppm
|Alkalinity||70 ppm||80-140 ppm||150 ppm
|Hardness||150 ppm||200-450 ppm||500 ppm
Houston Pool Design Construction Co. ** 281-812-4919